POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Atempting MPW Compile ? : Re: Atempting MPW Compile ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atempting MPW Compile ?
From: Moon47
Date: 6 May 2000 13:33:15
Message: <3913088E.C534BA89@earthlink.net>
So the problems with sysMacPict exist in the makefile and not the .c &
.h files for sysMacPict...? It would help if i knew where to hunt down
the problem... Once again i have fixed current problems up until
sysMacPict. It has given me the most trouble...?

> It is currently not possible to compile POV-Ray 3.1g with MrC without
a good
> portion of knowledge about mixed C/C++ compiles using MrC.  When
releasing
> the source code for 3.1g I simply forgot to update the makefile, and
it
> would have taken some time to fix it so you can compile again anyway.

I was not happy with the CodeWarrior evaluation copy i received.
Therefore i have given up on that idea until 1. I have a new computer
that will handle the evaluation disks i currently have... ( long story )
... in short the evaluation disks will not work on my computer
specifically and they don't know why... =(
2. I have $ to buy a copy of CodeWarrior.

Yes my knowledge is minimal with C and none with C++. I have been
teaching myself C with MPW at home and plan to take C++ in the fall...

> For reasons of stability I suggest to use CodeWarrior, especially if
you
> have no or little experience with MPW and the MrC compiler or with
C/C++ in